Preparation prior to construction beginning.
Prepare for your roofing project using the check list below.
Please remember that roofing is a major construction project. There will be a certain amount of noise and vibration during your project. In order to make the process as pleasant as possible, please help us with the following:
- Remove all valuables from your walls, shelves, wall pictures, plates and figurines
- Cover items in your attic and garage as a certain amount of debris will fall during the process.
- Although the crews are very careful about the tear off process, please cover or remove any potted plants or lawn furniture.
- We need access to your driveway to load shingles and clean up. Please park your cars,
motorcycles, bicycles, boats, etc., that you need access to, out of your driveway and garage the
night before work is to be done.
- Keep all children and animals in a safe area away from the construction.
- If you do not have an exterior outlet please leave an extension cord plugged in, as the crew may
need to plug in power tools.
- When shingles are delivered to your home, please check their color. Notify Foremost
Restoration LLC if you believe the materials for your home are not the right color, style, etc.
- Save a wrapper from a bundle of shingles to register your manufacturer warranty. It is your
responsibility to register your shingle warranty online. The package will have the necessary
- Be sure to give your project manager any special instructions in writing.
- Notify your mortgage and insurance companies the day your roofing job begins. This expedites
the inspection and payment process. If you have not sent your first insurance check to the
mortgage company, please do so now.
- Be prepared for the noise! There will be constant hammering for one or more days depending on the size of your roof.Remove all items from around the house where roofing debris or bundles of shingles might fall.
- We may use power tools in the installation of your roof. When we do so ,please check the power breakers to make sure they are operating correctly.
Example: patio or pool furniture, potted plants, gardening equipment, or fixtures.
- Check heater vents upon completion of your roof to make sure that they have not been dislodged
from connecting joints in your attic. Also, check the hot water heater and stove vents. The roofer
will do this for you if allowed access to your attic.
- Nails that fall from the roof during the job will be picked up with a magnetic nail roller. We will
make every effort to pick up all the nails. Please be advised, however, that few nails may
MAKE ALL PAYMENTS TO: FOREMOST RESTORATION LLC:
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO SALEMAN OR ROOFERS.